Parents often make the mistake of thinking that sunscreen is only for adults, as the majority of the sunscreen products sold today are designed for the adult population. However, the truth is sunscreen is equally important for kids as for adults. Children’s skin is more delicate than adults, making them more vulnerable to sunburn. Kids like playing and exploring outside, therefore they are more prone to sunburn. Not only this, the harmful UV rays can penetrate the clouds and even the windows of our houses. Thus, it is essential to apply sunscreen to your kids even indoors. With this in mind, it is of the utmost importance to choose the best sunscreen for kids specifically designed for them. A minimum SPF 25 sunscreen will suffice and provide adequate sun protection. This article discusses the importance of sunscreen, especially for kids’ sensitive skin.
How to select the best sunscreen for your children?
- SPF measures the amount of UVB light that sunscreen can filter. Children should wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 25+.
- Check the label to verify if the sunscreen is broad-spectrum, which protects against UVA and UVB radiation.
- Look for a sunscreen with natural ingredients like Chamomile that has anti-inflammatory and alleviating properties that reverse sun damage and bring out a natural glow.
- Dermatologists recommend that kids should use mineral sunscreens rather than chemical sunscreens since mineral sunscreens with titanium dioxide are less irritating and do not penetrate your child’s sensitive skin.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Kids Sunscreen Cream SPF 25 is specially formulated for children’s young and delicate skin. The sunscreen provides complete protection from UVA and UVB rays and is appropriate for counteracting sunburn. It contains natural ingredients like calendula and chamomile extracts, which assist in protecting the skin from UV-induced oxidative stress while also providing comprehensive UVA and UVB protection to prevent tan and sunburn.
Sun safety guidelines
Sun protection (SPF 30 sunscreen) is vital for children to avoid sunburns and UV radiation, leading to skin problems later. As a result, sunscreen is a must-have product for everyday use.
Here are some sun-safety recommendations:
- Reapplying sunscreen for kids every two hours is advised because children tend to sweat and wipe it off.
- Sunscreen is required even on cloudy days. While clouds do block some UV light, they do not block it completely. Even though cloudy days reduce the risk of sunburn, kids should still use sunscreen.
- If your child enjoys water activities, you need to reapply more frequently than usual.
To sum up,
Sun protection is necessary for everyone. As parents, you should be more cautious and curious about what you apply to your children’s skin. Check the “active components” on your product labels carefully. Mineral sunscreen created with natural ingredients is the safest, most effective, and highest quality option if you are passionate about finding the best sunscreen. Make applying sunscreen for kids an everyday habit!